Monday, February 8, 2010

A great discovery

I have a lot of friends who absolutely love Marian McPartland’’s piano jazz.  Some are hardcore jazz fans, others are piano players (note always jazz), some are music history buffs, and some just get hooked after listening to a couple of shows.  Anyway, here is a wonderful selection of 30 “special” shows out of the 700+ shows Marian has done.  I can’t believe there is a Bill Evans episode.  I’m saving that one for a special occasion.

If you have not hear the show, pick out one of the artists you know and like, and if you don’t know any of them use the “random button” and take the first one (upper left corner).  Dig it.

~  Tom

2 comments:

Lally said...

Great link brother. As you know I love her and her show. I've heard most on that selection and am happy to see the Ray Charles one because that was maybe the greatest one. Although the selection is terrific, I'm kinda sorry it didn't have the Steve Allen one, because he was never quite appreciated for his piano chops as much as his comic ones etc. and he's probably gonna be forgotten in that area, but the show she did with him was really a sweet revelation for anyone who doesn't know his history like we do.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.