Monday, November 3, 2008

Cusack - a great mind (and actor)

Tomorrow is election day. I'll cop to it -- I'm a nervous wreck. So I thought I'd just do a post today to let you all know that my solidarity and karma are still here and set to full throttle.

But, in browsing my favorite sites, I came across this truly brilliant post by John Cusack, who is in the top five of my favorite actors list. I'll watch anything he is in, and in every case, I can say with no doubt that he makes the movie better then it would have been without him. (And of course he is just simply fabulous as Roy Dillon in one of my favorite [and criminally overlooked] flicks: "The Grifters").

If I were making a list of living people I'd like to spend a day with, Cusack would undoubtedly be on it. My friend Michael Lally presents a lot of similar lists on his blog, but I'm too lazy and limited to make an entire list of living people I'd like to spend a day with. Perhaps during his next bout of chronic insomnia Michael will craft such a list. Keep checking his blog ... Or, if you want to start such a list on this blog, leave it as a comment and we'll all jump in with you.

~ tom

No comments: