Tuesday, July 24, 2007

M. C. Escher quotes...

M. C. Escher has always been one of my favorites. When my children were each about six or seven, I showed them many Escher prints and watched with awe as the "child mind" grooved with M. C. on a level I was never going to get back to.

Here are some neat quotes from the master himself from the official website.

" To have peace with this peculiar life; to accept what we do not understand; to wait calmly for what awaits us, you have to be wiser than I am"

" I don't grow up. In me is the small child of my early days"

" So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the stars; amen"



1 comment:

Jesse Wilson said...

Dad, I read through your post and checked out the website. Thanks for that. I do remember all of Escher's pictures from when I was a kid. His pictures are fascinating. I like the picture of his reflection in the reflective ball. Very cool.