Thursday, February 1, 2007

Goodbye Junk Mail

In the spirit of turning you on to "cool" things, I'm recommending Greendimes. My son, Jesse, told me about this great service that will significantly reduce the endless, annoying junk mail that shows up in our mail boxes. I especially hate the stuff I get from ADVO, Inc. addressed to "Resident" at my address. The stuff they send is a gigantic packet of newspaper-sized multi page ads. They clog up my mail box, and worse, I have to worry that important mail will get buried in them, so I have to carefully go though it before I put it directly into my recycle bin. What a waste.

Anyway, I signed up for Greedimes about 2 months ago ($36 for a year, which all goes to planting new trees!). I noticed a decline after about a month, but yesterday was great: I received a postcard from ADVO stating "As requested, your address was removed from our list on 1/19/07." Hallelujah! I would NEVER have figured out how to accomplish that.

Tom says check it out....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for letting people know about GreenDimes! GreenDimes is happy to help folks reduce their junk mail by getting them off direct mail lists and unsolicited offers, and opting them out of the catalogs they no longer want (while keeping the catalogs they do want!). AND GreenDimes plants a tree for every member every month.

Through the end of the month you have the chance to do even more good by signing up- GreenDimes is giving new members 25 BONUS TREES. Already a member?
Then refer a friend using your GreenDimes Friends tab and we'll give both of you 25 bonus trees. Learn more at www.greendimes.com.

Thanks again for the post!
Kendra at GreenDimes